Apollo Health & Lifestyle Limited (AHLL) has been working towards offering world class healthcare to all, in their mission to touch a billion lives.
Apollo Dialysis Clinics, which has been catering to kidney patients for over 10 years, has established more than 70 centres across 60 cities of India, in an attempt to provide quality dialysis services within close proximity to them.
For people who need to undergo dialysis at least twice a week, it is a cumbersome process which entails added costs like commuting, taking time off work (for employed people), and the anxiety of entering a medical facility in situations like a Covid Pandemic.
To address these issues, and to take their services to the next level, Home Hemodialysis (HHD) has launched by Apollo Dialysis Clinics, in Chennai and Bangalore, and planning to expand to other cities.
What is Home Hemodialysis?
As the name suggests, it means undergoing a dialysis procedure at home, instead of a clinic or hospital.
This will be accomplished by the team of Apollo Dialysis Clinics installing a dedicated dialysis machine at the person’s residence, in a separate room. The machine will be solely for that person, and not be used by anyone else.
HHD is the preferred practice in western countries, New Zealand and Australia, as it offers multiple benefits. Most patients are able to perform the procedure for themselves, after a simple training.
Home Hemodialysis Benefits:
Patients who select HHD will benefit from multiple conveniences, for the slightly extra cost:
- They will have a dedicated machine for their procedure.
- They can choose to have the procedure at a preferred time, rather than depend on an appointment which can be at an odd hour.
- They do not need to travel all the way. Saving both, time and out of pocket expenses.
- They do not have to worry about hygiene and sanitation, or be anxious about getting infections, at an external location.
- They can be consistent, and avoid delaying the procedure for any of the above reasons.
- They can request the services of the lab technician as per their required time
- A small, clean and hygienically maintained room with an air-conditioner
- A water supply and outlet
- Uninterrupted power supply
Being a pioneer in the field of healthcare, the Apollo Group has always upgraded its infrastructure to match the latest technological advancements in the field. This is yet another step towards the same.